January 31, 2010

GETTING READY

Hi, everyone!

I'm at the Denver airport, waiting to catch a flight home. I just spoke to service managers, general managers, and technicians at Brakes Plus' annual awards banquet, and it went great.

The car is close to being race-ready. Charlie was at the shop last week, setting up and installing the clutch and servicing the transmission. Eddie and Ozzie were there getting everything ready to run, and we fired it up to make sure it's good to go for the Frank Maratta Auto & Cycle Show this weekend in Hartford, Connecticut, which happens to be Permatex's corporate home. Alan was in the car for the fire-up, and let's just say he loved it! Charlie, Eddie, Scott, and I then loaded it in the rig for the trip to Hartford.

Todd's going to join us at the show, then the car will head to ProStart Race Cars in New Jersey, where Todd will be fitted for the cockpit. I won't be making that trip. I'll be at the Carroll Center For the Blind the week before and week after the Maratta show, where I'll be learning to use a computer – the Internet, Word, Excel, everything. Stay tuned – the season's almost here!

No comments: