May 20, 2010

BUSY WEEK MY FRIENDS

Hey All!

Its Thursday afternoon & I'm in the office. The truck, trailer & racecar have just arrived in Indianapolis to complete the rain delayed divsion 3 race from 2 weeks ago. Its weird, being at the office & having the car somewhere else. But, I'm thrilled to be speaking for a group of blind vets tomorrow in Hyannis, MA, where Alan Hadfield & I will have the show car on display. Then off to the airport to meet up with the crew in Indy.

The week was filled with car maintenance, office work, & shop organization (continued improvements). Monday morning I spoke for a group at Career Opportunities in Hyannis. Great folks & I wish them all success in their job search. Tuesday night Charlie & I went up to Norwood, MA, where I spoke for a group from the Association of Fleet Maintenance Supervisors. Didn't think we'd get to show the car off with the weather but got lucky & had access to a carport. Another great group of folks & lots of fun.

Its been a busy week but a good week. This is always a busy week in my head-May 22 is the anniversay of the accident that caused me to lose my sight thirteen years ago. Because of this, the race this weekend adds a bit to the pressure to do well-just because of the timing. It's truly amazing what we've accomplished since that bad day at the office as I like to call it.

Thank you to my wonderful family, the dream team, & all of you for your support & encouragement throughout the years-it means so much to me.

Get back at you next week.

Jay

No comments: