November 12, 2008

Greetings from Pomona!

Hey everybody!

Its Wednesday, and we are in Pomona, CA, set up and ready to race!

But first, I need to tell you about last night. Wynn's Mark Hisher took Eddie and I to Speed Zone where they had Small Block Chevy Dragsters on a track. I was able to drive them. Wow! It was awesome! I made 6 passes which were about 200 feet long, and I went about 80mph or so in like 3.4 seconds. It was really, really cool. Oh ya, did I mention that it was really, really cool? In my last three passes, I was going against three other cars, and I was able to beat 2 of the 3. That just goes to show how pathetic the other drivers were. We had a lot of fun. Mark then took Eddie and I to dinner, and then we called it a night.

The rest of the crew showed up today, and they are all really excited to race. Our first qualifying pass is tomorrow around noon.

It is absolutely wonderful having Tommy Howell back from Afghanistan and with us for the race. We are all really looking forward to this weekend.

I will be blogging everyday while we are out here so stay tuned for the daily update!

-Jay

No comments: