November 5, 2008

Hello from Vegas!!

I have arrived! Eddie and the car were here on Friday. He spent the weekend at the races.
On Monday, we moved the car into the AAPEX Show to be displayed for everyone to see. After we had set it up, we went to Pole Position, which is an indoor go-cart track and bar. They were holding a birthday party for Permatex’s 100 year celebration! It was a lot of fun, until they asked me to just say a few words. Man, I dropped the ball. I thought that if I sang “Happy Birthday” everyone would join in with me. Oops, I was wrong. I ended up singing it by myself in front of about 200 people. And I can’t really sing.
I did not do any driving at the party, but Marty and Eddie did their share. I would like to thank Permatex for putting on a great party.
Tuesday day/evening were very busy. The AAPEX show opened, and it was a great first day. The crowd was wonderful; Marty and I signed autographs for them. I did a TV piece with Sam from Two Guys Garage on the Right Stuff from Permatex. That night, I went to a retirement party, and Marty went to a party for Clevite Engine Bearings.
Since then, Marty has flown home. I will be at the Apex show all day Wednesday and Thursday. I am looking forward to a great couple of days.
Nothing else too exciting; I have just been keeping very busy. I am still trying to get used to the time change here. I will blog again soon to keep you updated about my adventures in Vegas.

Best,
Jay

No comments: