June 11, 2009

June 11 - Englishtown Bound

Hey Everyone;
My daughter Mary Beth graduated from Barnstable High School on Saturday and it was just Great! The rain managed to stay away and during the ceremony the sun came out and made our day even better.
Charlie and Mark worked late into Saturday night on the clutch. The team took Sunday off and we loaded up on Monday. Tuesday was spent dealing with some last minute minor details, and we headed out Tuesday night. We drove to Bordentown, NJ, and stopped at the Petro to have the truck serviced. I have to tell you that they took great care of us and a big shout out to the folks at Petro for their excellent service.
We proceeded and got to the race track. As we sat outside the truck unwinding, Eddie noticed the sunrise and we all decided that it was time for a nap.
We got up Wednesday and Eddie, Paul and I set up the awning and the pit area. We're now all set up in Englishtown and ready for the racing to begin.
Right now, I'm on my way back to Massachusetts for my commencement address at Lynn English High School, tomorrow morning at 11:00 a.m. Right after that, we'll be turning around and heading right back to Englishtown for the next week or so. We're hoping that the rain stays away and that the weekend is beautiful.
I'll be keeping you all updated throughout the weekend.

No comments: