June 12, 2009

June 12 - Guess Where?

Hey Everybody;
Well it's Friday evening and you'll never guess where I am. Last night I was on I-91 Northbound, heading through Connecticut to Lynn, MA. I am now back on I-95 Southbound back to New Jersey after the graduation ceremony at Lynn English High School this morning. My address to the graduates went very well and I received terrific feedback. However, the highlight for me was that Charlie was able to sit up on the stage with me and when it came time for his son Andrew to receive his diploma, they asked if he'd like to present it to his son. In short, it was just AWESOME!
We're now traveling to NJ caravan style with Charlie, his older son Joe and Andrew, my daughter Mary Beth and her friend Judy all heading for Englishtown.
Tommy tuned the car for our first qualifying run this morning. The Follow A Dream/ Permatex/Wynn's/Roadhouse Impala ran a 5.68 @ 254 mph. That was good enough for the #5 qualifying spot. Unfortunately rain kept us from 2nd round qualifying today. Second round qualifying will take place tomorrow morning, and eliminations will begin in the afternoon.
I'll keep you posted as the action heats up.

No comments: